If you’re finished with your rental books from Amazon and need to return them, you can do so easily with these steps.
Checkout this video:
Why you might need to return a rented book to Amazon
If you rented a physical book from Amazon and it arrived damaged, you’ll need to return it and request a replacement. You may also need to return a physical book if you accidentally rented the wrong book or no longer need the book for your class.
To return a rented book, log in to your Amazon account, go to Your Orders, and select Return or Replace Items next to the rental that you’d like to return. If you don’t see this option, the rental period for your book may have ended and you can’t return the book.
When returning a physical book, include a note explaining why you’re returning the book. If you’re requesting a replacement, include your shipping address so Amazon can send you a new copy of the book. You can also contact customer service if you have any questions about returning a rented book.
How to determine if you need to return a rented book to Amazon
If you rented a physical book from Amazon, you have two options for returning it:
You can return the book to Amazon using the shipping label included in your rental shipment. If you choose this option, you won’t be charged for return shipping.
You can also return the book to a participating bookstore. To find a participating bookstore near you, go to https://amazon.com/returns and enter your zip code.
When you need to return a rented book to Amazon
It’s easy to return rented books to Amazon. Just follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account on Amazon.com.
2. Go to the “Your Orders” page and find the order for the rented book.
3. Click on the “Return items” button next to the order.
4. Select the reason for return from the drop-down menu and click on the “Submit return request” button.
5. Amazon will email you with instructions on how to return the book.
6. Follow the instructions and send the book back to Amazon using the provided shipping label.
How to return a rented book to Amazon
To return a rented book to Amazon, go to Your Orders and locate the rental order. Select Return rental to print the return shipping label. Paste the label on the box and drop it off at a UPS location.
Tips for returning rented books to Amazon
If you’re done with your rental and ready to send it back, just go to Your Account and select the Member Library you rented the book from. Then, find the book on your Bookshelves and select Return rental on the right hand side.
Select the reason you’re returning the book from the drop-down menu, then select Continue to shipping. You’ll see the return shipping label and instructions. If everything looks good, select Confirm & print label.
Pack up your rental, affix the label to the outside of the box, and drop it off at a UPS location or give it to your regular UPS carrier.
What to do if you can’t return a rented book to Amazon
If you’re having trouble returning a rented book to Amazon, there are a few things you can do.
First, make sure that the book is actually rented from Amazon. You can tell if a book is rented from Amazon if it says “rental” in the product description. If it doesn’t say “rental,” then it’s not a rental and you don’t need to return it to Amazon.
If the book is rented from Amazon, try these steps:
– Make sure you’re using the same account that you used to rent the book. You can return rented books from your Amazon account page.
– Go to Your Orders and find the order for the rental book.
– Select Return rental item(s).
– Choose the reason for return and continue.
– If prompted, print the return shipping label. If you don’t have a printer, you can select Share or view label later and we’ll email you the PDF so you can print it later.
– Affix the label to your package and drop it off at a UPS location, or give it to your UPS driver if they already pickup packages from your home.
How to avoid needing to return a rented book to Amazon
If you need to return your book for any reason, please follow the instructions below. We do not accept returns of digital books.
To return a physical book:
1) Log into your account and go to Your Orders.
2) Find the order you want to return.
3) Click Return or Replace Items next to the item you want to return.
4) On the next screen, select Return a rented book from the list of options.
5) Fill out the return form and click Continue.
The consequences of not returning a rented book to Amazon
If you don’t return your rented book to Amazon within the specified time period, you’ll be charged a late fee. The amount of the late fee will depend on the rental duration and the type of book you rented.
How to contact Amazon about returning a rented book
If you rented a book from Amazon and need to return it, you can contact customer service for help. You can reach Amazon customer service by phone at 1-866-216-1072 or by email at [email protected]
When you contact customer service, be sure to have your order number and rental agreement number handy. You will also need to know the title and author of the book you rented, as well as the date you received it. Amazon will then provide instructions for returning the book.
In most cases, you will have 21 days to return a rented book from the date you received it. However, if you rented a book for a semester, you may have up to 60 days to return the book from the end of the semester. Amazon charges a late fee of $3 per day for books returned late, up to a maximum of $21 per book.
FAQs about returning rented books to Amazon
Q: How do I return a rented book to Amazon?
A: To return a rented book to Amazon, simply go to your “My Account” page and select the “Returns” tab. From there, you will be able to print a return shipping label. Once your return is processed, you will receive a refund for the rental price of the book.